Circle City IN Pride is proud to announce the 4th Annual Pet Pride on Monday, June 9th, 2014. Pet Pride’s focus remains the same: Bringing together the community and their pets for what promises to be a barking good time! As always, this event is free and open to the public; however, read on to catch some of the changes we’re making to make the event run faster and more smoothly.
Don’t Forget: If you plan on attending Pet Pride, you must review, print, complete and sign the 2014 Pet Pride Release of Liability.)
NEW FOR 2014:
Indy’s own Pop Culture Queen, McKinzie from i94, will emcee this year’s Pet Pride. McKinzie has been seen on television commercials in Central Indiana, has worked for the Indianapolis Colts, and also served as an official NBA emcee for the Indiana Pacers. We’re super stoked to have her on-board!
If you wish to participate in our fun fashion shows:
- All contest participation is now pre-registration only;
- To simplify the waiver and check-in process for everyone, there will be no on-site sign-up (online registration is now over).
We want everyone to join in the fun, but there is a limited number of contestants in each category. Because of that, please limit yourself and your pet to two(2) contest entries and don’t forget to sign-up early to ensure your 30 seconds of fame!
This year’s Pet Contests will still feature our favorite fashion show categories, but with some new opportunities to show off your Pet Pride:
- Pet/Owner Look-A-Like: Were you and your fur baby separated at birth? Have you been together so long that you now share the same natural features and style? Then this is the contest for you!
- A Face Only a Parent Could Love: Is your fur baby long in the tooth? Does your pet have bed head? Does one look at your baby send the others scampering for a different fire hydrant or scratching post? Sign up your little one now!
- Most Couture Costume: Could your furry, scaly, or feathered friend’s wardrobe cause Tim Gunn or Cher do a double-take? Does your pet never leave home without their bling? If so, then don’t deny your pet the chance to shine!
- My Pet’s Got Talent: Remember the Gong Show? Are you an American Idol or America’s Got Talent junkie? They’ve got nothin’ on Pride’s Pets! Let us see your pet’s best trick or talent (that can be performed on a 8’ x 16’ stage). Can your cat cartwheel? Does your dog dance? Will your parrot pontificate? Can your lizard limbo? Show us their best!
All contestants and their humans should check-in at the registration tables across the footbridge to let us know you have arrived. Please be near the stage for the start of our competitions by 7pm sharp.
Didn’t sign-up the real head-of-the-house soon enough? No worries — you can still bring your lawn chairs or blankets and be a part of the adoring and voting audience!
Check out our location at Garfield Park:
Thanks for putting Pet Pride on your schedule of events!
We can’t wait to show you the new tricks we’ve learned!
2014 Pet Pride Sponsors
2014 Pet Pride Merchandise and Service Vendors
The Downtown Veterinarian
Mass Ave Animal Clinic
Tammi Burns ~ Carpenter Realtors
Dressed to the K9s
Coco’s Canine Cabana
Happy at Home Pet Sitting
Homeward Bound Pet Memorial
Indy Pit Crew
IndyVet Emergency and Specialty Hospital
Pet People Stores
Spay/Neuter Services of Indiana
Best Friends Pet Care/Freeland Animal Hospital
City Dogs Grocery
Humane Society of Indianapolis
Indianapolis Animal Care & Control
Rose Pet Memorial Center
Animal Outreach of Shelby County
ARPO (Alliance for Responsible Pet Ownership)
Beagle Buddies Rescue
Helping Paws Inc
Northern Lights Sled Dog Rescue
Tribe of Judah Pit Bull Rescue
USA Defenders of Greyhounds Inc
Every Dog Counts Rescue
Forever Friends Great Dane Rescue
Misty Eyes Animal Shelter
Tails and Trails Rescue
Groovy Guys Fries
Brozinni Mobile Pizzeria
Mini Curl (Mrs. Curl)
Taste of Heaven